Senior Construction Project Manager - USA
In the course of their duties, the Senior Construction Project Manager will report to the Network Deployment Director and will work collaboratively with various stakeholders, both external (general contractors, utilities…) and internal across multiple departments, including the application engineering team, the field service team, the customer service team, our sales representatives, and client representatives, to contribute to the successful execution of EV charging stations projects in all stages, from initial estimation to feasibility study and completion.
The Senior Construction Project Manager will be required to travel to conduct site assessments and understand site hosts needs, validate conformity of completed installations, and subsequently produce project-related reports, such as site evaluation reports, work acceptance reports, etc., which will be used for project submission or closure. The Senior Construction Project Manager will also be part of a team developing new project management methods and new site implementation solutions. They will frequently be invited to represent FLO in project meetings with stakeholders.
The fundamental asset of the Senior Construction Project Manager is its knowledge to deploy network at scale, across multiple locations in North America and by managing several contractors in parallel to achieve our goals of having EV chargers everywhere an EV driver drives.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM, YOU WILL BE CALLED UPON TO:
- Work within FLO’s Own & Operate team to oversee the deliverables of EV charging station projects at scale, across North America.
- In partnership with procurement or other team members, represent FLO in contract negotiations with suppliers; bring a strong ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Visit potential sites and provide recommendations to stakeholders; formulate project-related opinions and recommendations.
- Collaborate with subcontractors to prepare project quotes, initiate discussions with utilities, engineering firms, and internal FLO resources.
- Conduct and oversee complex, multi-facetted tender process awarding contracts to selected bidders to optimize deployments.
- Monitor subcontractor work, offering guidance and direction to both subcontractors, site host and client.
- Assemble all necessary project initiation documents, maintain, and validate various reports, assist procurement for purchase order preparation and accurate billing.
- Prepare project implementation processes and actively participate in process improvement initiatives.
Provide support and guidance to junior team members.
- Utilize your technology expertise to assist in defining and procuring specific equipment (such as switchgears, battery storage systems, wireless charging) and bringing your recommendations on how to be ready for future expansions at the right cost.
- Leverage your experience to encourage change and improvement, develop new ways of deploying, promote the culture of change and challenge, and successfully receive buy-in from senior management regarding proposed solutions.
- Engage in specific special projects as needed and perform any other tasks related to the role.
· Willingness to travel within Canada and the United States.
· Bachelor's degree (BAC) in electrical, civil or administration engineering, or College Diploma (DEC) with equivalent work experience.
· Over 12 years of project management experience.
· Solid knowledge of the construction industry.
· Solid knowledge of high-power electrical equipment installation in a public context.
· Skills in using various project management methodologies.
· Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Proficiency in SiteTracker or other recent project management software (MS Project or similar)
· Hardworking, independent, and organized.
· Being able to gather different team around your needs to gain their support and achieve results.
· Experience in deployment of end-to-end projects from similar environment (large scale projects in telecom industry or equivalent)
· Experience in evaluating electrical installations.
· Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and/or the US Electrical Code.
· Preferred knowledge of both written and spoken French and English.
· Proud owner of an electric vehicle!
- FLO EV Charging has a vibrant culture and a commitment to ensuring employees are supported and engaged, especially through the evolution of employment in the post pandemic era.
- FLO is a successful business with strong year-on-year results including direct sales, revenue generation, and through the expansion of operations and market presence across North America. There is a positive and entrepreneurial mentality for growth, business development and a high-performance culture where we work as a team to reach ambitious goals.
- You will be backed up by experienced and knowledgeable colleagues who will support the onboarding process and engage you in your day-to-day professional development.
- Weekly townhall meetings with our CEO to share our executive team’s vision and engage employees in major developments at the company.
- FLO has a pleasant working atmosphere with respect for the individual.
- Compensation package and benefits according to industry standards.