Health and Safety Specialist, USA
We are looking for a Health and Safety Specialist to be responsible for all health and safety responsibilities at FLO for all our sites in the United States. He/she will be reporting to the Health and Safety Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and enforcing health and safety policies for our sites in USA. He/she will provide guidance on measures to minimize hazards and will support teams in adopting safe work practices in accordance with our commitments and established rules.
The ideal candidate will help us minimize the risk of work-related accidents by anticipating risks and by observing and analyzing operations in order to eliminate activities that are dangerous or harmful to the health of employees. He/she will also develop health and safety prevention programs.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM, YOU WILL
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover the causes to propose corrective actions required and prevent recurrence;
- Conduct/plan training and presentations on health and safety issues and accident prevention;
- Accident Records Management;
- Establish health and safety procedures;
- Coordinate the health and safety committee activities and other prevention activities;
- Implement the prevention program;
- Establish emergency measures;
- Participate in the development and updating of the health and safety action plan;
- Integration training for employees;
- Performs audits;
- Coordinate the return to work and temporary assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or similar related fields;
- 3-5 years in health and safety management;
- Knowledge of health and safety and industrial safety laws and regulations. OSHA in various states;
- Knowledge of quality management systems;
- Very comfortable with computer tools: Windows 10, Office 365, SharePoint;
- Possess a vehicle and a valid driver's license;
- Excellent command of English;
- Ability to travel between business locations.
- Professional certification such as ASP (Associate Safety Professional), CSP ( Certified Safety Professional), OHST (Occupational Health and Safety Technologist), CMS ( Safety Management Specialist), is an asset;
- Membership to the ASSP( American Society of Safety Professional) is an asset;
- Be the happy driver of an EV!
- FLO is headquartered in Quebec City, with regional teams located throughout the US and Canada.
- Our company has a vibrant culture and a commitment to ensuring employees are supported and engaged.
- FLO is a successful business with strong year-on-year results including direct sales, revenue generation, and through the expansion of operations and market presence across North America.
- There is a positive and entrepreneurial mentality for growth, business development and a high-performance culture where we work as a team to reach ambitious goals.
- We hold weekly townhall meetings with our CEO to share our executive team’s vision and engage employees in major developments at the company.
YOU CALL THEM "PERKS", WE CALL THEM "THE RIGHT THING TO DO"
- Minimum of 3-weeks in PTO accrued based on relevant experience
- 401k (Retirement Plan) employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive group insurance (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life, etc.)
- Free telemedical online service (Teladoc health) for you and your family
- Years of service recognition program
- Free employee and assistance program (EAP) for you and your family
- FLO employee experience program
- Professional development offer (training)
- Compensation package according to industry standards
Something looks off?