Investor, Frontier Fund
Energy Impact Partners
Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together entrepreneurs and some of the world’s most forward-looking energy and industrial companies to advance innovation. With over $3 billion in assets under management, EIP invests globally across venture, growth, credit, and infrastructure.
We are seeking an Investor to join our Deep Decarbonization Frontier Fund, targeting early-stage revolutionary technologies that accelerate the transition to net-zero greenhouse gas emissions. The individual will work on a lean investment team and be integrally involved in all aspects of the investment process, including: sourcing and evaluating potential investments, performing due diligence, executing transactions, monitoring portfolio company performance, and interacting with management teams and outside advisors.
The position is great entry point for a career in venture capital and an opportunity to work closely with leading investors and entrepreneurs. This position reports to the Principal on the Frontier team and is based in New York, NY.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identifying attractive investment themes and sourcing / screening prospective investments opportunities
- Researching and synthesizing market trends and data
- Conducting extensive due diligence on potential investments, including financial modeling
- Developing internal investment committee presentation materials
- Providing ongoing portfolio support, monitoring, and administration
- 1-3 years of work experience in a relevant field (e.g. investment banking, private equity, or venture capital)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (technical degree preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Ideal candidates will be highly motivated self-starters, intellectually curious, and detail oriented. Candidates should have a positive attitude and be open minded, not ego-driven, and ready to work as a team player
- Candidates must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a strong understanding of fundamental business analysis, financial / accounting / valuation concepts, and financial modeling
- Candidates must have a demonstrated interest in the climate tech ecosystem and a commitment to climate change