Machine Shop Production Manager
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Machine Shop Production Manager to contribute as manufacturing/production leader at our Gigafactory in Devens, MA. You will help build our machine shop. You will improve the quality, cost, delivery, and safety in our Machine Shop. You will support our production and capacity planning processes and identify areas of process improvement involving machine set-up time and efficiencies. You will train all machining personnel (CNC Programmers, Set Up, and Operators) while also being responsible for initiating clear directives for the machining department, improve efforts, oversee quality control, and lead all production planning and supply chain logistics efforts. You will predict, control, and improve quality and safety performance of our machine shop and propose and implement recommendations for process changes.
You will work onsite at our location in Devens, MA and report into the Vice President of Manufacturing Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee scheduling, staffing, recruitment and resource management to meet daily production requirements
- Secure, mentor, and advance machinists for all responsibilities
- Monitor and utilize machine monitoring system to improve OEE.
- Participate in daily production and other meetings
- Ensure production documentation such as labor tracking, material issues, scrap, quality and overages is accurate.
- Perform and support internal quality processes, including layered audits and 5S assessments.
- Implement and support continuous improvement tactics through participation in Lean Kaizen events and other initiatives to increase productivity, quality, and safety.
- Assure all quality and HSE management system processes and directives are supported and followed
- Ensure issues are investigated for root cause(s) and that appropriate corrective and preventative actions are completed
- Be the HSE leader for your area(s):
- Document and analyze work-related hazards, near misses, and incidents
- Support in the conducting of investigations to establish causes and implement measures to prevent a recurrence
- 7+ years experience in a high volume machine shop environment
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM field or related industry
- Experience with CNC machine scheduling
- Comfortable leading Lean Manufacturing Initiatives
- Experience in an ISO 9001 work environment
- Read blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Understanding of MRP system and basic lean manufacturing practices
- Must have experience utilizing all types of precision measurement (CMM) equipment.
Compensation and Benefits | M2
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!