Staff Reliability Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
In this role, you will use your experience to ensure full plant-level reliability. This will involve working with design teams throughout the company and with reliability engineers focusing on subsystems within the plant. You will combine best practices from process plant reliability and complex product reliability to achieve plant-level reliability for our systems.
You will split time between our offices in San Jose and San Carlos, CA with an allowable hybrid work schedule. Depending on the phase of the project, up to 20% of your time might be best spent at vendors' sites or on project sites. Starting out you will report to the VP of Product Engineering.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate customer requirements into plant, subsystem, and component level reliability requirements
- Work with design engineering and system engineering teams to generate reliability test plans for each stage of development (from concept to launch)
- Create fault trees and reliability block diagrams to assess system reliability
- Facilitate design and process FMEA sessions to inform design for reliability decisions and to develop validation plans
- Participate in design reviews with in-house teams and outside suppliers to quantify reliability tradeoffs and drive design for reliability decisions
- Work as a reliability subject matter expert leading plant level goal setting, test planning and FMEA facilitation along with reliability engineers focused on subsystems within the plant
- Work with reliability engineers throughout the company to develop design guidelines as well as other reliability and quality tools for use across the company
- Participate in component level failure analysis to understand root cause and inform plant-level design decisions
- Generate Weibull simulations and field reliability forecasts
- Develop statistical models to translate component and subsystem mean time between failure into plant level availability
- Work with our after-sales teams to gather reliability data from installed plants and use this data to inform reliability tests and future design decisions
- Up to 20% travel to contractor, vendor and customer sites depending on project phase
- BS in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience taking projects from concept through manufacturing/implementation
- One of the following:
- Deep experience working as a reliability engineer for complex products with excitement to learn chemical/industrial methodologies
- Deep experience working as a reliability engineering for chemical/industrial systems with excitement to learn about product methodologies
- Deep experience working as a reliability engineer for both industrial systems and complex products
Compensation & Benefits | [San Carlos Zone] Senior Reliability Engineer (P5)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!