Manufacturing Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer to join our team. You will ensure we comply with all environmental, health and safety regulations while making some of the most complex electrolyzer cells and stacks. You will spend most of their time on the factory floor, partnering with the manufacturing, engineering, and facilities to guarantee a safe workplace for all our employees.
You will work onsite at our locations in Devens, MA and report to the Manager of Environmental Health & Safety.
Role and Responsibilities
- As an MFG EHS Engineer your primary responsibility is to ensure safe working manufacturing environment while maintaining productivity
- Partner with other EHS functions (Industrial Hygiene, Construction Safety, Hazardous Waste, Environmental, Ergonomics)
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to internal standards
- Coordinate health and safety programs such as LOTO, noise control, PPEs, and hazard assessments
- Review equipment and space designs on everything from machine guards to chemical processes, and provide feedback on EHS impacts
- Represent, emphasize, and promote our Zero Injury Culture to all employees
- Manage the hazardous waste inspections and environmental operating permits
- Lead electrical safety and control of hazardous energy programs
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State EHS related regulations and procedures
- Bachelors Degree in chemical engineering, industrial engineering or environmental engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in an environmental/safety role in a manufacturing environment
Compensation and Benefits | P3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!