Senior Electrical Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Power Systems team! In this role, you will use your background in power electronics to develop low cost solutions to large scale power conversion problems. You are a self-motivated team player excited to build a new generation of electrolysis equipment.
You will work onsite and be based in San Jose, CA, reporting to the Vice President of Power and Software.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop novel solutions for hydrogen generation plant
- Engineering solutions for electrical and electronics circuitry for sensing and control system
- Develop and implement system bring-up, test plan and validations.
- Collaborate with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development.
- Work closely with embedded firmware team for control system strategy and system solution
- Create custom drawings and system specifications, and select components
- Release products to manufacturing, supporting volume production and scale up
- BSEE or similar (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years hands on electrical engineering/design
- Proficient in knowledge of high speed digital and analog circuitry design
- Familiar with electrical design tools and software packages such as Cadence, or OrCAD.
- Experience with circuit design simulator software packages such as Cadence, PSPICE, LTSpice, or equivalent simulation tools.
- Experience taking products from concept through manufacturing
Compensation & Benefits | [San Carlos Zone] Sr. Electrical Engineer (P4)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!