Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Facilities Engineer that will support the operations of our facilities in San Jose, CA with occasional trips to other facilities as needed. You will work onsite and report to the Sr Facilities Engineer. You will provide support to technical and office staff while working with management to maintain and improve the facilities. You will also be the contact for external contractors (electricians, plumbers, HVAC) and will work regularly with the building owner.
- Required to be onsite daily at our facility at least 8 hours per day with occasional night, weekend, and holiday hours
- Coordinate and manage preventive maintenance for buildings, labs and equipment
- Establish new lab/shop/test capabilities and utilities (e.g., power, water, gas handling services) and coordinating with the necessary vendors and contractors
- Share ownership of the on-call rotation for occasional Facility Emergencies and off-hours work
- Support the ongoing development of our environmental health and safety (EHS) efforts
- Willing and able to help teammates with straightforward requests
- Manage and revise daily, weekly and monthly maintenance rounds as necessary
- Take ownership of facilities projects to upgrade the buildings, grounds and utilities
- Perform root cause evaluation for underperforming critical systems and failed critical components
- Track and prioritize resolution of these failures
- Work with projects team to ensure newly installed assets or facilities are captured in the CMMS system
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and scheduling programs (MS Office, Todoist etc)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Capable of functioning well under stress and during emergencies
- Works under limited guidance and within broad guidelines and technical standards while meeting/exceeding critical targets
- 2+ years' experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and Industry Codes (OSHA, EPA, DEP, ADA) and other environmental regulations
- Knowledge of building systems (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, lighting) and codes
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Knowledge of process utilities (RO/DI, process nitrogen, compressed air)
- Hold a valid drivers' license
- Must climb ladders for maintenance/assembly needs
- Must occasionally pick up items at local supply houses/specialty vendors
- Safely lift up to 50lbs and use a hand truck, dolly or forklift
- CMMS experience (UpKeep, Fluke EMaint, etc.)
- BMS experience (Niagara, JCI, etc.)
- Experience with energy management and high-energy efficiency systems (daylight harvesting, heat pumps, VFDs)
- Forklift license/certification a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Universal certification a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Extensive carpentry and repair skills would be ideal
- Previous background in manufacturing/biotechnology/clean technology/semiconductors with attention to electrical and/or RO/DI Ultrapure Water highly desired
Compensation and Benefits | [San Carlos Zone] P2
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!