Electrolyzer Stack Engineer (Mid-Career to Staff)
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for an Electrolyzer Stack Engineer to work on the product and technology development of Electric Hydrogen's electrolyzer stacks. You should be a team player excited to build a new generation of electrolysis equipment. We are hiring multiple candidates for this role.
You will be based in Natick and/or Devens, MA, and will report to our Director of Stack Engineering.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document and maintain stack and stack subcomponent requirements, primary and interface, and assess conformity against these requirements.
- Develop (and maintain) a Design Failure Mode and Effects (DFMEA) for the stacks and/or stack components.
- Perform analyses, as required, to verify stacks and/or subcomponents meet their requirements.
- Conduct design reviews, cross functionally, as required, for stacks and stack subcomponents.
- Generate 3D models and drawings of stacks and/or stack subcomponents.
- Develop part and/or material specifications, as required, for stacks and/or stack subcomponents.
- Develop, release, and maintain a Bill of Materials (BOM) for stacks and/or stack subcomponents.
- Develop and maintain a Design Verification Plant & Report (DVP&R) for the stack and/or stack subcomponents and lead and/or work with other functions to carry out their verification.
- Participate in the change management process of stacks and/or stack subcomponents.
- Support the development of first article inspection (FAI) and incoming quality control (IQC) plans for stacks and/or stack subcomponents.
- Support Supply Chain, Quality, and Manufacturing, as required, for procurement and manufacturing of stacks and/or stack subcomponents.
- Support Stack certification to codes and standards, as required.
- Lead technology development of stacks and/or stack subcomponents to significantly improve attributes such a performance, lifetime, cost, and/or manufacturability and/or reduce risks.
- Support the development and tracking of scope, schedule, and budget for stack and stack subcomponent activities.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or similar
- 6+ years' experience
- 3D modeling and drawing skills
- Tolerance analysis
- Experience in all three development cycles of design/analysis, procure/build, and test/verify
- Requirements documentation, maintenance, and verification
- Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Structural Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Seal/gasket analysis and design
- Basic knowledge of fluid dynamics, heat transfer, mechanics of materials, and mass transport
Compensation & Benefits
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!