Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a Development Engineer, you will be responsible for low-volume production of large-scale electrolyzer stacks for research and development of Electric Hydrogen’s core technology. You will be working alongside a team of other engineers and technicians to help build scaled-up R&D development stacks, perform and maintain records of acceptance tests, and help execute test plans to collect crucial data for multidisciplinary teams across the company. This role will also work closely with the engineering and manufacturing teams to assess electrolysis cells, stack design, and help test new materials and scale-up processes.
You will be based onsite in our lab in Natick, MA, and report to the Manager, Cell Testing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and execute low-volume production and acceptance testing of large-scale electrolyzer stacks, sub-components, and assemblies
- Work with manufacturing team to develop and improve process flow for existing sub-components and final assembly of electrolyzer stacks
- Facilitate process control and process development initiatives
- Complete documentation in the course of work including manufacturing documentation, test logs, and test reports
- Define maintenance procedures and intervals and conduct regular preventative maintenance
- Maintain and calibrate automated equipment as well as hand and power tools used for assembly
- Review design drawings/documents and work with other teams to transfer knowledge to development technicians
- Define and maintain inventory of daily used items for stack build and test
- Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures
- Committed to safety and able to implement safety guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering) or higher
- 3+years of experience working on manufacturing or wet lab experience - high pressure, electrical and mechanical systems
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- High level of workmanship with attention to detail
- Must work in a standing or seated position for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours
- Significant walking or other means of mobility
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and must adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Must reach, bend, stop, push, or pull and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Occasionally lift or move 60 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud at times
- Must wear appropriate PPE
Compensation & Benefits | [Natick Zone] Development Engineer [P3]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!