Polymer Film Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a QA Junior Engineer to join our Cell Technology team. This role will be working on multiple projects within the department and will provide support to our Cell Technology team. You should have experience with characterization materials such as polymers, plastics, membranes, composites using mechanical methods, spectroscopy, microscopy and other tools. You will be working onsite at our Natick, MA office and will report into the Director of Next Generation Catalyst.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in materials science, chemistry, polymers, chemical engineering with hands-on laboratory experience
- Coursework and laboratory experience in polymer science &/or mechanical testing of materials, polymers and composites
- Be able to lift items (20 kg) Be able to work with machines and tools operating at elevated temperature (up to 250 C)
- Experience in mechanical testing of materials particularly polymers with instruments such as DMA, Instron, nano-indenter, Nano-DMA, permeation testing
- Experience in most of the following analytical tools: DSC, TGA, FTIR, Raman, viscometer, Mechanical Tester, SEM, GC, GC/MS, mass spectrometer, NMR
Compensation & Benefits | [Natick Zone] QA Engineer (P2):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!