Mechanical Technician - Fluid Systems
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
Electric Hydrogen is looking for an experienced mechanical technician to work on fluid systems. An ideal candidate will have previous experience with high purity systems (pharma, semiconductor, food and beverage, marine). This role covers process systems ranging from small diameter tubing and fittings, stainless steel piping, PVC, and carbon steel.
- High purity or stainless-steel systems (pharma, semiconductor, food and beverage)
- Comprehension and redline piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Extruded aluminum frames and structures (80/20, Vention etc.)
- Wide variety of pump technologies (centrifugal, positive displacement, API etc.)
- Sanitary and compression tubing systems and fittings (Swagelok etc.) and ability to bend tubing.
- Basic pipe fitting capability: threading, flanges, and gaskets
- Automated orbital welding and TIG pipe welding experience a plus.
- Instrumentation and sensor installation and calibration.
- Familiar with common industrial safety standards and focused on maintaining a safe work environment
- Proficiency reading wiring diagrams.
Compensation & Benefits | [San Carlos Zone] Mechanical Technician - Fluid Systems
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!