Electrical Engineering Manager
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
This position is based in San Jose, CA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead electrical engineering team develop novel solutions for hydrogen generation plant
- Offer strategic and technical leadership for a team of engineers
- Work closely with embedded firmware team for control system strategy and system solution
- Develop models to optimize performance and inform design requirements
- Create custom drawings and system specifications, and select components
- Develop and perform component and system level being up and testing
- Release products to manufacturing, supporting volume production and scale up
- BSEE or similar (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years leadership experience for high-speed digital design and analog circuitry design
- 10+ years hands on electrical engineering/design
- Experience with modeling & simulation tools
- Deep knowledge of relevant industries and experience forging supplier relationships
- Experience taking products from concept through manufacturing
Compensation & Benefits:
[San Carlos Zone] Manager, Electrical Engineering (M3):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!