Supplier Quality Engineer - Electrical
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a supplier quality engineer to help us expand our supply chain for electrical systems components while supporting our existing vendor base. An ideal candidate will be able to hold constructive discussions to address critical quality issues, have an analytical background, and have an engineering background in electrical systems in chemical process facilities. A successful candidate will lead the response to quality issues that arise and develop new vendors.
To accomplish our mission, we are looking for collaborative individuals who are excited to work with others, excited to learn, and willing to teach. As a member of this team you will report to the manager of New Product Integrations working on a variety of projects focused on building and integrating first of a kind green hydrogen electrolysis facilities. A successful candidate will be able to fulfill a majority of the following responsibilities.
You will based in San Carlos, CA or remotely based in Houston, TX and Your role will require up to 50% travel.
- Review our engineering specifications to identify vendor capabilities needed for production.
- Research, sourcing, and assessing vendor
- Develop factory Acceptance tests
- Visit vendor facilities and observe the manufacturing environment to review and assess their procedures.
- Perform regular quality control audits to ensure vendors work in compliance with standards.
- Review incoming supplies and products from vendors to check for defects and ensure quality.
- Design and conduct tests and assessments on products to identify quality issues.
- Maintain detailed reports on supplier quality, including defect rates and areas that result in flaws.
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers to expand there capabilities and reduce defect rates.
- Work with EH2 engineering and vendors to identify quality issues and come up with solutions.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in supplier quality development or in a similar position
- Experience with medium voltage and low voltage electrical & control systems including MCC's, PLC's, and transformers
- Understanding of quality methods
- Experience finding low-cost vendors
- Experience addressing quality, schedule, and cost issues at vendors
- Experience creating detailed technical documentation
Compensation & Benefits | [San Carlos] Supplier Quality Engineer (P3)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!