Staff Electrical Engineer - Plant
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
In this role, you will be the responsible Electrical Engineer for the Plant level electrical system. You will work with internal engineering teams and outside contractors to take electrical system designs through the full lifecycle from requirement definition through commissioning in the field.
You will split time between our offices in San Jose and San Carlos, CA with an allowable hybrid work schedule. Depending on the phase of the project, up to 20% of your time might be best spent at customer’s sites or vendors’ sites.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the design of the plant level electrical system
- Collaborate with product plant engineering, controls and software engineering, power systems engineering, and suppliers to understand and document electrical system requirements
- Generate single line diagrams and design drawings individually and in collaboration with consultants
- Specify electrical equipment and distribution hardware
- Review electrical equipment submittals and work with suppliers through manufacturing process
- Ensure the smooth integration of electrical equipment for pumps, valves, and auxiliary plant hardware
- Ensure electrical ignition sources and electrical hazards are controlled by design
- Model and analyze trade-offs between potential system architectures and equipment options
- Review/Approve plant electrical drawings and hardware for safety, compliance, and completeness
- Contribute to Maintenance and Quality Plans for Product Plant Electrical Hardware
- Create fail-safe hardwired and relay control wiring designs
- Develop specifications and validation plans for plant hardware grounding/bonding, and backup power systems
- Advise on the effects of EMI and EMI compliance for product plant electrical systems
Prior Experience and Professional Qualities
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience designing electrical systems for industrial applications, data centers or similar
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) of industrial plant electrical systems
- Specialization in Protection Methods for Electrical Systems in Hazardous Areas
- Application of NFPA 70/NEC, IEEE and IEC Codes and Standards for industrial installations
- Experience with supply chains and manufacturers for plant electrical distribution hardware
- Product certification experience (e.g. UL Listing, Field Certification)
- Extensive experience working with vendors and contractors
- P.E. Preferred
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!