Electrochemical Cell Design Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As an Electrochemical Cell Design Engineer, your mission will be to bring solutions to the design and manufacturing of components for Electric Hydrogen's groundbreaking electrolysis cell.
You will be based onsite in our Lab/Office in Natick, MA.
- Design and build electrochemical cells
- Design and develop, and implement electrolysis cell components: electrocatalysts, diffusion and catalyst layer, membranes and coatings
- Detailed engineering design and optimization of critical components affecting the electrolysis cell performance and durability
- Tuning material, components and interfaces to fit functional requirements
- Electrochemical, mechanical, chemical and structural characterization of cell component and constituents
- Bottom-up engineering analysis of our next-generation electrolysis cell
- Interface with modelers, manufacturing, and stack engineers for 360 degree cell design
- Performance-driven design of processes and materials to enable low-cost renewable hydrogen
- Work with an outstanding group of suppliers to get parts built and tested for H2 production
- Design and execute experimental plan to optimize performance and durability
- BS required (Chem Engineering, Materials Engineering, Chemistry or other science and engineering discipline)
- 2+ years in industrial R&D in chemical, materials, or device-design or equivalent non-industrial experience
- MS or Ph.D.
- Ability to always seek a better way to do things and question "why not?"
- Ability to interpret and collaboratively discuss the quality and importance of test results
- Excited to join a startup!
- Ability to spot problems and solve them
Compensation & Benefits
Electrochemical Cell Design Engineer (P2):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!