Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
You will be leading our fantastic team of Finance and Accounting professionals reporting to the CFO. You are a senior finance leader who possesses a business partnering bias to help the organization make smarter decisions. You are highly collaborative and actively look for ways to make an impact in all areas of the business. You follow a people-first approach to management and are an active participant in your team’s development. You have experience managing a high-performing team, with tight reporting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This role is hybrid with an expectation to be in our office in Toronto for 2 days a week.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Lead and coach the finance team, with a focus on upskilling and talent development.
- Ensure efficient, scaled and on-time financial reporting and month-end close process.
- Champion the preparation of corporate reporting to the parent company, Generac.
- Oversee the risk management process around ICoFR to comply with SoX requirements.
- Oversee research and compliance with financial reporting policy.
- Transform, modernize and automate the FinOps processes.
- Translates financial performance into an easily accessible and digestible MD&A; and actively contribute to quarterly business reviews to help action insights.
- Manage the treasury function including banking relationships, support weekly pay runs, and act as the owner of the cash flow forecast and cash control activities.
- Manage third-party tax consultants and Generac tax team for transfer pricing, direct tax and indirect tax preparation and compliance with taxing authorities.
- Partner with commercial leads and Generac legal team to steward the strategic framework for value creation in sales cycles, supplier and vendor contract negotiations.
- Working closely with the CFO, support the annual budgeting and forecasting cadences.
- Support the long-term strategic planning process and business planning activities working closely with the senior leadership and the strategic analytics team.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Professional Accountant (CPA)
- 10+ years of public/private finance and accounting leadership experience
- 5+ years of direct experience in Technology, SaaS, Manufacturing, or Energy Sectors
- Extensive experience in US GAAP, IFRS required
- Experience in US and Canadian Tax required. International tax experience, preferred
- Extensive experience in M&A integration and ERP system implementations
- Confident operator who navigates by investment thesis and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Brings an entrepreneurial spirit balancing financial discipline with need for investment.
- Proficient user of Oracle NetSuite, Microsoft PowerPoint / Excel / (WD Adaptive a plus)
- An inspirational leader who prioritizes the learning & development of team members.
- Exceptional communicator with experience collaborating with senior leadership.
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background and credit check.
What happens after you apply:
- Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-40 minute phone call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first round virtual interview with the CFO – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions
- A second-round panel interview with members of the finance team and cross functional leaders. These will be 2 one-hour interviews.
- For the third and final round, you can expect a take-home case study that you will present to members of the Leadership team. We will allocate 90-minutes for this interview.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?