Sales Engineer (Chicago)
Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. Based on the Bro Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework, Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into ‘rocket fuel’ for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire, Corelight's unfair market advantages include its founders: the inventor of Bro and its key open-source committers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world's networks safer.
Corelight, Inc is seeking a skilled, experienced Sales Engineer in the Great Plains US territory to help promote, sell, and create customer satisfaction with the company’s products. You will primarily provide pre-sales technical support for the implementation of our products. This will include presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of Corelight solutions, and the development of account plans.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Act as a trusted advisor providing technical expertise through Sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, and Proof of Concepts
- Develop and Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of the Corelight offering and competitive and complimentary solutions from other vendors.
- Design differentiating solutions and articulate technical and business value of Corelight’s products versus other competitors.
- Design technical solutions that can solve customer business problems or create a new service offering
- Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, WP’s, use cases…) for customers and partners.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share with the team.
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Expert presentation skills
- Network design background and/or security software background preferred.
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 4+ year pre-sales experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.