Sr CI/CD Engineer
By making evidence the heart of security, we help customers stay ahead of ever-changing cyber-attacks.
Corelight is the cybersecurity company that transforms network and cloud activity into evidence. Evidence that elite defenders use to proactively hunt for threats, accelerate response to cyber incidents, gain complete network visibility and create powerful analytics using machine-learning and behavioral analysis tools. Easily deployed, and available in traditional and SaaS-based formats, Corelight is the fastest-growing Network Detection and Response (NDR) platform in the industry. And we are the only NDR platform that leverages the power of Open Source projects in addition to our own technology to deliver Intrusion Detection (IDS), Network Security Monitoring (NSM), and Smart PCAP solutions. We sell to some of the most sensitive, mission-critical large enterprises and government agencies in the world.
You will be embedded as the Senior CI/CD Engineer in our core sensor engineering team, building the DevOps and CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines we need to develop and ship Corelight’s products. In a nutshell, here’s the challenge: we work with internal and external partners to build and integrate software, and then we make sure that software hits our standards for high-performance computing across the range of physical and virtual environments our customers demand. It’s the perfect recipe for automation to both take repetitive tasks off our engineers’ hands but also accelerate their ability to focus on the hard work.
Success in this role means you not only understand the problem space, but can own the solution: you’ll design the comprehensive infrastructure needed to keep all the plates spinning. In order to do that, you’ll need to:
- Design, develop, and maintain test automation frameworks and execution of tests in CI/CD
- Inspire and encourage best practices through making frameworks easier to use, not rules and mandates
- Take ownership of hardware and virtual resources, from servers to network traffic generators to EC2 instances, and employ them effectively
- Automate complex build processes for C/C++ applications to allow for A/B testing, multi-version multi-architecture compatibility, etc.
- Collaborate with Corelight’s Open Source, Research, and Quality Engineering teams to integrate their work and support them in turn
- Report on build, test, and deployment success through dashboards and integrations with Corelight’s other engineering operations systems
- Evangelize and drive adoption of software development best practices in code health, quality, test stability and maintainability
- Have done all the above with enough practice to know what some options and alternatives are and why you might prefer a different approach
- Strong appreciation and support for our core values: low ego results, tireless service, and applied curiosity
- A strong bias for automation and taking the time to think about the right way to solve a problem versus quick fixes or band-aids
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or DevOps
- 3+ years of experience building CI/CD systems, including compiling and working with software in UNIX-style environments, performance testing, and reporting
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, and containerized microservices
- Experience delivering on-premise Enterprise, Security, or Network products
- Experience delivering network or security appliances (physical or virtual) is a plus
- Experience building highly secure products for defense and mission-critical environments is a plus
- Basic knowledge of network communications — IP, TCP, packets, PCAPs
- Excellent communication skills: you thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and using your influence skills
- You take ownership and experience physical pain when a customer finds a bug before you do
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
A Note on Experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Working at Corelight
In addition to helping to make networks safer around the world, Corelight is a great place to work. We provide competitive salaries, equity and benefits, but those are just table stakes. No matter where you're based, we aspire to make working here one the best experiences of your career.
We are proud of our culture and values - driving diversity of background and thought, low-ego results, applied curiosity and tireless service to our customers and community. Corelight is committed to a geographically dispersed yet connected employee base with employees working from home and office locations around the world. Fueled by an accelerating revenue stream, and investments from top-tier venture capital organizations such as Crowdstrike, Accel and Insight - we are rapidly expanding our team.
Check us out at www.corelight.com
Something looks off?