Boston Metal is commercializing cutting edge extractive metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals production by improving metal quality while decreasing cost and lowering environmental impact. This fast-paced startup company is seeking a Process Engineer to join the Plant Systems team. The Plant Engineering team is responsible for optimizing existing metals production processes, developing new processes, and ensuring the highest level of safety and quality in all aspects of production.
Boston Metal is looking for a versatile Process Engineer with hands-on experience designing, troubleshooting, and otherwise supporting plant operations. Duties will include developing standard process engineering deliverables (process flow diagrams, heat and material balances, P&IDs, equipment lists, hazard analysis, etc.) and working with multidisciplinary teams that are focused on the design and operation of Boston Metal’s new facility in West Virginia.
Key Requirement: We are seeking interested candidates who are open to working in our Woburn, MA office initially (approximately 10-12 mos.) and then relocating to Weirton , West Virginia area to complete the design, build, commissioning, and operation of the West Virginia facility.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field. Mechanical Engineering may be possible with relevant undergraduate coursework and experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a process engineer in an industrial or commercial scale metals/chemical manufacturing or production environment.
- Strong understanding of chemical engineering and process engineering fundamentals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in process simulation software and data analysis tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams, especially multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations in metals, chemicals, or similar process industry
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Process engineering/technical support to operations experience in the chemicals or oil & gas industries
- Experience interfacing with EPC/Ms
- Experience facilitating HAZOPs and/or PHAs
- Experience working with metals, especially at high temperatures
- Experience working in a startup-like environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals and/or hazardous waste, and occasional exposure to moving equipment, the risks of which are minimized through compliance with established use of proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety policies and procedures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. We operate pilot plants and labs and many of our staff members are required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well when necessary.
We are people first with a comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your needs. Our full benefits package offers health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick & holidays, health savings account, dependent care account plan, paid parental and bonding leave and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer who considers all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, disability, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.