Model-Based Controls Engineer
Boston Metal are the leading name in zero-emission steel production using patented and exclusive, cutting edge Molten Oxide Electrolysis technology to hasten the charge towards a carbon neutral metal industry. With a growing team of over 100 US based employees, Botson metal continues to evolve, pushing themselves constantly to stay ahead of competitors by improving their systems and scale up capabilities with the help of key investors and an ambitious team of experts. As Boston Metal looks to grow, this is an ideal time to be joining the team with heavy investment recently secured. BM boast an excellent reputation in the wider Engineering/Metallurgy space and are well respected as a market leader.
- - Use the principles of model-based systems engineering to solicit, capture and maintain control system software requirements for our MOE systems.
- - Develop new control algorithms using model-based design with MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow and other Mathworks tools.
- - Author unit-level and system-level tests and perform model-in-the-loop (MiL) simulations to verify requirements and validate control system design and system dynamics model.
- - Perform target-in-the-loop (TiL) testing to verify requirements and validate control system design and system dynamics model on the real-time system simulator.
- - Inform concept and system design by exploring “what-if” scenarios utilizing the system dynamics and control system dynamics models.
- - Recommend improvements to the modeling approach and procedures to enhance modeling and simulation capability and fidelity
Experience and skills:
- - M.S. Or PhD in Controls Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar and 2+ years of professional work experience.
- - Experience in designing and developing controls algorithms in the industrial setting.
- - Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow to develop control systems using model-based design principles.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships
with other team members is critical. Many of our staff members are required to wear
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well when
BM offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance, paid vacation, sick time & holidays, and a 401k with company matching
If you believe you meet our criteria and would be eager to hear more about this position and would be available for an introductory discussion with our hiring team, get in touch and apply. One of our team with reach out to you and talk you through the next steps of the recruitment process.