Change & Configuration Management Engineer
Boston Metal is on a mission to transform how metals are made. Our platform combines patented innovations with best practices from the aluminum and steel industries to solve the carbon emissions challenges facing the steel value chain. Our technology will decarbonize a major source of global carbon emissions.
We are seeking a Change & Configuration Management Engineer. You will report to the Model-Based Systems Team Lead and drive the adoption of the tools and processes needed to standardize design, part, and assembly tracking across the entire engineering organization and to ensure the creation and maintenance of the accurate engineering BOM across all engineering departments. You will also oversee and improve the management of the change process and lead our change control boards for all our MOE cells at the Woburn facility.
Change & Configuration Management
- Facilitate and improve change control processes and lead change control boards for all our MOE cells.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, R&D and supply chain, to evaluate proposed changes to MOE cells, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure changes are appropriately documented, assessed for impact, and approved before implementation.
- Analyze the potential risks and benefits of proposed changes and provide recommendations to senior management to support informed decision-making.
- Develop and maintain change management documentation, including change request forms, impact assessments, and change implementation plans.
- Document and manage system configurations for various systems used for MOE cell campaigns and experiments.
Bill of Materials (BOM) Management
- Establish a comprehensive and standardized engineering bill of materials (BOM), part numbering system, and naming convention across the engineering organization and for all MOE cells.
- Collaborate with engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to ensure BOM accuracy and consistency throughout the systems’ lifecycle.
- Collaborate with IT and Supply Chain teams to configure and optimize the inventory management software Netsuite, to support the standardized practices and improve efficiency.
- Monitor and track changes to BOMs, ensuring that any modifications are appropriately documented, reviewed, and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- B.S. in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience(10 years) in change management, engineering BOM creation and maintenance, or related roles within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Strong understanding of engineering design principles, manufacturing processes, and product lifecycle management. Familiarity with change control methodologies, documentation, and tools.
- Proficiency in BOM management systems and software (e.g., PLM systems, ERP systems). SolidWorks PDM and NetSuite are a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and quality standards related to change management and BOM management is desirable.
You will be working in a team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical.
We offer a complete benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid vacation & holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, disability, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please provide resume if interested.