HR Recruiting Specialist
Boston Metal is commercializing cutting edge extractive metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals production by improving metal quality while decreasing cost and lowering environmental impact. This growing, fast-paced startup company is looking for an in-house HR Recruiting Specialist to join our Human Resources team.
As a HR Recruiting Specialist you will play a pivotal role in identifying, attracting, and selecting top talent in the areas of engineering, research & development, and administration. Your expertise in sourcing candidates, evaluating resumes, conducting phone screenings, and managing the candidate pipeline will contribute to the success of our hiring efforts. You will work closely with the hiring managers and Talent Acquisition Director to understand staffing needs and implement effective recruitment strategies.
- Utilize various channels, including job boards, social media, professional networks, third parties, and referrals, to source qualified candidates.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to determine their staffing needs and craft compelling job descriptions and advertisements to attract suitable candidates.
- Review resumes and applications to assess candidate qualifications.
- Conduct initial phone screenings to evaluate candidates.
- Provide detailed feedback and recommendations to hiring managers.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews between candidates, hiring managers, and hiring teams.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
- Maintain communication with candidates, keeping them informed about the status of their application, address inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of candidate interactions in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Generate regular reports and metrics on recruitment activities, including time-to-fill, candidate pipeline status, and metrics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide guidance on best practices in recruitment including developing training on interview techniques and candidate assessment.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices in recruitment and talent acquisition.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
- 3+ yrs experience in engineer/technical recruiting, talent acquisition, or similar role.
- Experience recruiting for cleantech, tough tech, Engineering, and/or Research & Development roles a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of full-cycle recruitment process and techniques.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn’s ATS as well as UKG HRIS and other recruitment software tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to assess candidates’ skills, experience, and organizational fit effectively.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of professionalism and discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Experience in conducting virtual interviews utilizing Teams and Zoom.
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations related to hiring and recruitment.
- Ability to utilize third-party salary surveys.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
You will be working in a team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical.
We offer a complete benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid vacation & holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, disability, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please provide resume if interested.