Permit Coordinator/Project Manager
We are searching for a Permit Coordinator/Project Manager for a 1+ year contract assignment.
This position involves managing permitting process in administrating, organizing, tracking, applying for and support obtaining permits from to various agencies/authority having jurisdiction over required permits and/or approvals (Permitting Agencies) for construction installation and engineering design projects for Utility Scale Battery energy Storage Systems. This role also involves considerable internal coordination among various clients, teams and Permitting Agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine building/construction permit requirements for Utility Scale Battery Energy Storage projects.
- Coordinate with peer team members and governmental agencies (Federal. State, County, DOT and City. Etc.) on schedule, delivery, and status of all permits.
- Define engineering documents to facilitate the permit application process and coordinate with Project Engineers to ensure the completeness of the document packages.
- Review any plans issued out for correct revision dates and permit details.
- Prepare and submit applications to various agencies/authority having jurisdiction over required permits and/or approvals (Permitting Agencies)
- Obtain all required approvals for permits and act as liaison between the company and Permitting Agencies
- Coordinate paperwork and applications with which includes updating and monitoring status in work document management system.
- Submit paperwork and supporting documents for permits.
- Work closely with the client on the status of permits and ensure they are processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with engineers to solve any plan deficiencies and mitigate permit comments
- Produce and maintain schedules for all communities and coordinate with all stakeholders from inception to approval of permitting process.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, etc.
- Enter and maintain permitting data.
- Maintain all company files relating to permitting documents.
- Provide support closing open permits at conclusion of the project.
- Travel to job sites and local Permitting Agency offices as required.
- Four years college degree is required and degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with permitting work in commercial or utility construction environment.
- Able to read blueprints and plans for Civil, Structural, Electrical and Fire Detection designs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize and take initiative.
- Detail-oriented team player comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with heavy volume workload
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Excellent follow-up, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills.
- Able to professionally perform multiple detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.