GSP Construction Manager
Combined Cycle Power
GSP Construction Manager opportunity reporting to Mt. Storm Power Station in Mt. Storm, West Virginia. The Construction Manager will be primarily supporting the ongoing Bottom Ash Sluice Water Closed Loop System Installation Project, the LDTCS Project, as well as other related ongoing environmental 316 capital projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and manages the execution of all assigned projects actively in the field. Experience required with major power plants and equipment including but not limited to turbines, generators, pumps, motors, control systems, electrical/instrumentation, operations, and other balance-of-plant systems.
- Ensure all projects are executed with Safety and Environmental Compliance as the primary focus of all personnel supporting his/her projects.
- Must maintain awareness of the status of activities within scheduled work windows and resolves conflicts as they arise. To accomplish this, the individual must maintain a physical presence on the job site(s) for at least 80% of the duration of the project(s).
- Responsible for performing site construction oversight inspections to monitor the field quality of work and materials provided by vendors and subcontractors.
- Inspects work quality and adherence to contract specifications to meet regulatory requirements, codes and company standards using visual observation, construction knowledge and application of skills.
- Ensure Dominion is getting the products and services specified in the PO, and to ensure the products and services will perform as required.
- The Construction Manager must understand the Scope of Work (SOW) and ensure the Supplier executes the work according to the SOW, and all applicable Dominion Specifications and Standards. Any deviations from contract specifications or materials that are identified are to be reported to the Project Manager.
- Provide quality inspection reports/status updates to management upon request or as needed.
- Provide feedback to contractors, engineers, safety personnel and general management concerning issues or concerns being encountered.
- Know and understand Supplemental Terms & Conditions, including a general knowledge of the Safety and Environmental Compliance standards therein, that are expected to be executed successfully by the Supplier.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Working knowledge of power generation and pollution control equipment.
- General knowledge of construction and operational field work practices, equipment utilization and work component scheduling.
- Skilled in use of personal computer and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with OSHA scaffolding requirements and industry safety practices.
- 7+ years of industry experience in the field of construction, engineering, and/or management with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in construction management.
- OSHA 30 preferred.