BHI ENERGY - is currently accepting Metrology Technician candidates to work at the Oconee Nuclear Power Station located in Senaca, SC
The Metrology Technician / Designer will be responsible for operating the Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) and have 3D awareness of metrology.
- At least 1 year experience operating CMM Equipment
- And experience supporting a metrology team in the past
- And At least 1 year of experience as a Metrologist supporting a nuclear facility
- Or College degree
- Entry level if 4 yr college degree in anything Non-STEM related
- Entry level if 2yr degree in engineering or designfield
- Job Description
- Field Technician
- Supports Metrology Designers
- Acquires Field Data assisting Metrology Designer or Metrologist 3
- Learns to be a SME on 1 of the CMM tools
- Learns to 3D Model in Point Clouds
- Assists in creating estimates based on SME of CMM tool required for job
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a plan or solution.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:An ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED. Must have a college degree or prior experience supporting a metrology team. Must pass initial and annual Radiation Worker Training and meet all applicable requirements to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear access. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures