Certified Welding Inspector
Certified Welding Inspector
*This position will cover the State of Indiana, candidate must be willing to travel. Terracon covers the expense.
Perform daily inspection of construction projects monitoring quality and adherence to building code requirements, construction drawings and project specifications. Inspections may cross multiple inspection disciplines or within a specified area of expertise including structural steel, concrete, masonry, fireproofing, etc. Inspection may include visual/physical inspection and field testing to verify conformance with the plans and specifications. Prepare inspection reports and provide written documentation of observations and testing of materials. Communicate findings to engineer or project manager and when requested collaborate with the project team on solutions to potential issues. Adhere to strict safety standards.
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures to determine if work is done according to contract specifications.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Prepare inspection reports and document nonconformance.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the Project Manager.
- May interact with client and other site personnel to provide input on appropriate resolution of findings.
- May assist Project Manager in development of scope for testing and inspection services.
- Coordinate pre-dispatch activities with Project, Department, and/or Office Managers.
- Maintains equipment operation and calibration.
- May assist more senior inspectors on large, complex projects.
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
At least three or more certifications in the following areas:
- NICET Level II certification in Construction Materials Testing (Asphalt, Concrete, Soils).
- NICET Level II certification in Geotechnical (Construction, Laboratory, Exploration, Generalist)
- ICC certification (Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel – Bolting, Structural Steel – Welding).
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification (Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT)).
- Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
ACI certification* in one or more of the following areas:
- Concrete Field-Testing Technician Grade I
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Certified in radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge operation. **