Engineering Technician II
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
- Perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel).
- Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor's representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results.
- Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis.
- Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Project Manager.
- Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles, and work areas.
- May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to project sites.
- Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision of higher-level technicians or staff professionals, learn and assist with tasks and perform basic testing and observations duties.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Project Manager
- Maintains assigned equipment.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects.
- Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years' experience required.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Prefer ACI Certification or obtain ACI certification within 90 days of hire.
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- Preferred Certification: Obtain Nuclear Density Gauge certification within 6 months of hire.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.