Construction Materials Testing Technician
Experienced Construction Materials Testing Technician
This is a traveling position working on Wind and Solar Farms and other remote projects.
We are searching for individuals who are looking for a traveling position and are dependable, flexible and enjoy being a part of and leading a team.
This individual should have strong initiative and self-motivation and be able to perform routine to complex inspection and testing of construction materials in the field in order to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications.
• Prepare daily reports on observation activities
• Review observation and test data for accuracy and completeness
• Assist with training and mentoring of junior staff as needed
• Work with project engineers and clients to ensure that client specifications are followed
• A valid driver's license and a good driving history required
• Ability to travel extensively, will work at remote projects sites throughout the US
• Willingness to work long hours and weekends as required
• Previous wind or solar farm experience preferred
• Technical expertise in electronic field data collection
• Excellent plan reading skills
• High attention to detail
• Understanding and experience with performing Special Inspections
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• iPad experience a plus
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2-5 years of construction materials testing and observation experience Minimum Certifications ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician I Preferred Certifications
• ACI Concrete Strength I
• ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
• ICC Structural Masonry Special Inspector
• ICC Pre-stressed Concrete Special Inspector
• State DOT Certifications
• NICET Certifications
• Nuclear Gauge / Radiation Safety
Our client is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Our client also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.