Natural Gas Analyst
+/- 12 months
As a Customer Transportation Representative, you will be a vital member of the transportation services team within a leading energy company. Your role will encompass various aspects of transportation duties, requiring high attention to detail while multi-tasking and analytical problem-solving skills, while providing superior customer service.
Analytical and Problem Solving: Analyzes and processes natural gas nominations in accordance with regulatory requirements. Accurately performs daily processes on multiple electronic bulletin boards (EBBs) within the natural gas transportation nomination, confirmation, and scheduling timelines. Uses analytic methods and tools to perform capacity allocation. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Customer Facing and Liaison:
Serves as a point of contact for external customers regarding transportation related inquiries. Regularly communicates with interconnecting pipeline representatives to resolve pipeline discrepancies. Collaborates with internal stakeholders including operations, accounting, marketing, and IT. Performs testing of our proprietary EBB application as needed.
Communication and Teamwork:
Demonstrates a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to the team. Participates in and conducts peer training and knowledge sharing within the team to foster continuous process improvement.
Works a rotating schedule that includes a mixture of days, nights, & weekends. Holiday on-call duty is required. This role is dealing with contracts and mathematics.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's plus 0-2 years of experience
- Desired background/degree: finance, business, analytics
- Ability to perform data analysis and data entry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and draw conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, establish rapport and speak persuasively.
- Ability to negotiate problem solutions.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Must be reliable and consistently demonstrate high quality work.