Store Attendant B
Assist the Material Services organization by performing duties related to material accountability, operation of the storeroom and storage yards.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- The following sets forth the principal duties required for the job that are normally to be performed. It is not intended to limit the assignment of work or set the degree of supervision under all conditions. An employee may perform miscellaneous, related, and incidental work in addition to that outlined below. These duties will be performed as an entry-level position under a training and learning process. Individuals will be under direct and/or semi-direct supervision and will progress from assisting with these duties to performing them individually with semi-direct supervision and/or job guidance, based on accumulated job knowledge.
- Issue material under proper authorization; process and file required records which may include picking up, hauling, and delivering materials and operating Company automotive equipment such as cars and trucks.
- Check received material for quantity; make visual inspection for identity, breakage, and condition; initiate and process material receipt and related records.
- Report irregularities and abnormal conditions
- Identify, sort and record material returned; place usable material in stock, and sort non-usable material into scrap containers; record applicable information and process related records.
- Operate computer terminals and printers supporting a materials management system, and other office equipment such as calculators, scanners etc.
- Prepare and pack material for shipment or storage, including preparation of required shipping papers and other related records. This may include shipping and receiving hazardous material, such as gasoline, oil, oil containing PCB, and lead-acid batteries under required safety and environmental procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment such as hand trucks, forklift trucks, low lift trucks, hoists, overhead cranes, order pickers, or any other equipment as required.
- Assist supervisor with maintaining efficient storage of materials, rearrangement or change of bins and racks, and making material location changes.
- Assist in maintaining adequate inventory levels based on current requirements through inventory cycle counts; perform discrepancy adjustments with appropriate approval and process all associated records.
- Assist employees of equal or higher classification.
- Perform similar or less skilled work.
- Perform duties in accordance with Company safety rules, operating regulations, and practice.
Education requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Lifting/Standing and the ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments and within all weather patterns.
Equipment Operation experience preferred (5-25K LB. Forklifts, as well as Reach Trucks or Stand-up Truck) can be trained on specific equipment but experience is helpful. CDL is not required.
**Microsoft Word and Excel experience needed as required in the job description, Stores Attendants will work with materials management systems, Maximo.
Work Experience: A minimum of one year work experience in inventory control and management, material handling, warehousing, or related experience is required. Must possess basic computer skills to use inventory management software such as Maximo; Microsoft Excel and Word experience is also preferred. Must have sufficient knowledge and skills to perform the duties and/or responsibilities listed above, and also have the physical capabilities to perform the required work. Must possess a strong working knowledge of logistics related to shipping and relocating inventory. Must understand and perform basic math functions. Must be able to work independently and possess good communication skills.
Must be able to safely lift to 70 pounds; successful completion of the Physical Ability Test (PAT) is required. Must possess the appropriate State drive license. If a Commercial Drive License (CDL) is required, the incumbent must obtain the CDL within six months of entry into this job classification or vacate the current job classification. Must be able to operate material handling equipment including motorized forklifts and road vehicles.
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:00pm, OT is as needed