The Wind Farm Technician will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and test problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems. Wind Farm Technician will perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment and systems and equipment related to the wind turbines.
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Climb wind turbine towers to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, or fiber optic equipment.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services.
- Perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment, underground transmission systems, wind fields substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems.
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.
- Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis.
- Inspect or repair fiberglass turbine blades.
- Train end-users, distributors, installers, or other technicians in wind commissioning, testing, or other technical procedures.
- Operate manufacturing equipment to fabricate wind turbines.
- Assist in assembly of individual wind generators or construction of wind farms.
- Repair green energy equipment or systems.
- Climb equipment or structures to access work areas.
- Test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning.
- Troubleshoot equipment or systems operation problems.
- Maintain work equipment or machinery.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Test mechanical systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Measure equipment outputs.
- Inspect mechanical equipment to locate damage, defects, or wear.
- Fabricate parts or components.
- Assemble structural components.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- GWO BST, ART certificate (perferred)
- High School Diploma / GED
- Pass Background Check and Drug Screening
- Valid Drivers License (required to operate company vehicle)