Environmental Senior Engineer/Scientist
BHI Energy is searching for a Environmental Senior Engineer/Scientist on behalf of one of our clients.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing Environmental Investigation & Remediation group as a client-focused in growing and building a dynamic group.
Work with an engaged team that is focused on creative solutions to complex environmental problems for a wide variety of clients! If you want to join this company, apply now for consideration.
This is a direct hire position Houston, TX
SUMMARY: A Senior Engineer/Scientist in our Investigation & Remediation practice group develops and maintains client relationships and works with clients to get their projects done on time, on budget, while exceeding expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leveraging existing connections and building relationships with clients, vendors, and partners to develop a mutually beneficial business practice.
- Collaborating closely with other members of the firm, listening to the client's needs, and developing solutions to meet their needs.
- Developing and executing whole scopes and preparing environmental reports giving professional opinions and practical environmental solutions.
- Tracking project performance, profitability, schedule, and make sure you have the right resources to complete the project.
- Rallying the project team, keeping them on track, and driving projects to completion. When something comes up, you'll keep things moving.
- Providing mentorship, training, and professional development to junior staff.
Performing technical work and supporting project deliverables on a variety of Investigation & Remediation projects including:
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs);
- Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP) and Industrial & Hazardous Waste Corrective Action Projects under the Texas Risk Reduction Program (TRRP);
- Knowledge and application of the Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA);
- Leaking Petroleum Storage Tank (LPST) assessments.
- Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids (NAPL) management.
- Spill Response & Reporting and Ecological Risk Assessments;
- Groundwater Modelling and Remediation (ISCO, MNA, etc.);
- Risk-Based Corrective Action (RBCA); and
- Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) regulatory assessment and closure of associated releases.
- Demonstrated expertise in regulatory closures of environmental liabilities in other states is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree or higher in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Science or related field and a minimum of 10-15 years of direct environmental consulting experience.
- Demonstrated, high-level of experience and knowledge of environmental investigation and remediation as they apply to industrial, energy, and commercial clients.
- Detail-oriented, motivated, analytical thinker, problem solver with a driven work ethic.
- Proven leadership skills with experience mentoring junior staff.
- Strong desire to build and grow a client base through diverse business development initiatives.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- PE, PG, or other professional certification preferred.