SUMMARY: The Machinist is responsible for manufacturing parts to customer specifications. Requirements include strong math skills, blueprint reading, along with experience of setting up manual mills, lathes, and grinders. Our facility is a clean and air-conditioned work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Personally exhibits, recruits and coaches associate consistent with Core Behaviors
- Responsible for promoting culture of safety.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Set up Mills & Lathes unassisted.
- Prep and set up jobs to be run for each application.
- Machine parts while maintaining close tolerances.
- Clean/inspect machinery and parts.
- Keep work area clean.
- Inspect jobs after final operation.
- Maintain equipment with coolant/oil.
- Respond to commonly occurring problems/situations for which standards, procedures or precedents exist.
- Perform hands-on tasks, Assembly of machined parts.
- Ability to make apart from raw material and machine complete.
- Knowledge of material and heat-treating process
- Working knowledge of Machine shop equipment and ability to set up the machinery unassisted.
- Knowledge of cutting tools used for machining.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge and ability to use micrometers, Digital Calipers, Vernier, radius gages etc.
- Must have your own tools.
- Competent with applying math skills/algebra/geometry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Up to 2 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CNC certificate preferred.
- 401K Plan and Company Match Medical
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off