We are seeking a full-time, energetic, and talented mid-level engineer. The successful candidate will directly assist the Manager of Geotechnical Engineering Services with project management of Tennessee-related geotechnical projects. This position may be located in either our Chattanooga or Nashville, TN office. Travel between the offices is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical responsibilities include:
- Preliminary site visits and preparation of proposals.
- Coordination with subcontractors.
- Periodically overseeing subsurface investigations.
- Preparation and peer reviews of geotechnical interpretive reports.
- Analysis and design of retaining walls and slope stabilization measures.
- Construction detailing and specifications.
Project management responsibilities include:
- Development of professional service proposals.
- Management of projects including clients.
- Internal technical disciplines.
- External consultants, schedule, and budgets.
Qualifications/ Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- B.S. In Civil Engineering.
- PE or testing soon for PE
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in geotechnical engineering (TN licensed required).
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preparation of geotechnical interpretive reports and completion of construction level documents, preferably in Tennessee and/ or the southeast.
- Working knowledge of building codes and applicable design standards.
- AutoCad and AutoCad Civil 3D proficiency.
- Effective communication skills including written, oral, and listening.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and develop long-term relationships with clients, other development partners and team members.
- The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.