Safety Training Specialist
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Looking for an experienced Lineman/Safety Training professional within the electric utility industry that has a passion to teach, instill, and emphasize the importance of safety and quality in the workplace. This position is responsible for administering and delivering best-in-class instruction for electrical and general safety training to both existing and new employees.
This position will be located within regional territories that coincides with the company's business needs. Extended travel to additional territories may at times be necessary.
The primary functions for the qualified candidate includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Assist and advise in the creation and delivery of technical training content, and other developed material through collaboration with internal and external resources.
• Coordinate apprenticeship program, and continued education training sessions with operational leadership.
• Conduct evaluations of employee performance and assist with remedial training.
• CDL for at least 2 years, in good standing and able to obtain certified CDL instructor rating.
• Deliver best-in-class training, utilizing an array of delivery methods.
• Instruct OSHA ET&D 10 & 20 hour courses.
• Instruct CPR/ First Aid Training.
• Possess Industry knowledge with a proficiency in adult learning.
• Identify best workplace practices with the overall goal to eliminate hazards, increase safety awareness and develop safe work habits consistent with company goals.
• The ideal candidate will hold recognized safety credentials. Although the candidate will maintain a primary objective of training, that objective must align with a measurable outcome within the safety culture and demonstrate alignment with company goals.
The secondary functions for the qualified candidate includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Periodically function as a safety representative when required, such as during storm response or support other absences.
• Perform safety observations in the field.
• Identify performance gaps in work process and safety procedures.
• Identify good catches and near misses.
• Assist in building a safety culture that embodies openness and continual improvement Ideal
• High School Diploma or proven equivalent
• Current and unrestricted state driver's license, CDL, Class-A preferred.
• Preferred 7+ years as a Journeyman lineman with overhead transmission and underground distribution utilities field – Department of Labor Certification is preferred.
• Certification in OSHA 500, 510, or the ability to possess
• Ability and willingness to travel: 50% - 80%
• 1+ years of technical training in either in-person classroom or field environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to instruct students
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work under limited supervision
• Ability to lift a minim um of 50 pounds
• Provide learners with practical guidance and mentorship as appropriate
• Monitor participant progress within the learning platform and share insights to help facilitate solutions and next steps.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.