Radiation Protection Technicians
Senior Radiation Protection Technician for long term work . As the Senior Radiation Protection / Health Physics Technician, you are responsible for evaluating radiological conditions in a workplace environment and implementing controls necessary to maintain radiation exposures to workers and the public as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA).
- Jr Radiological Control Technician
- Sr. Radiological Control Technician
- Lead Radiological Control Technician
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- Use a series of protocols and technology to monitor radiological conditions, record conditions, and evaluate the conditions regarding the potential radiological risk to workers and the public.
- Oversee work being done involving radioactive materials.
- Utilize special instrumentation to analyze, track, and survey radioactive materials, dose rates, airborne particulates, and radiological controls.
- Collect and analyze radiological samples.
- Evaluate radiological conditions as they apply to plant workers and members of the general public.
- Perform dose rate, contamination and airborne radioactivity surveys.
- Provide job coverage for work groups to minimize personnel exposure.
- Provide briefings and guidance to plant personnel to prohibit unplanned exposure to radioactive material.
7:00am – 5:30pm first couple days/ then 6:00am to 4:30pm while in training
Dayshift: 6:00am to 6:30pm with other shifts possible
Nightshift: 7:00pm to 7:00am or 6:30pm to 5:00am
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent
- Senior and Lead RCTs needed for Portsmouth ON
- Must be able to obtain DOE "L" Clearance
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Senior
- 5 plus years experience for Lead position
- Juniors with 1 year field experience