Senior Director of Data Governance
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Senior Director of Data Governance to join the Data team. This person will report to the SVP of Data and be responsible to drive data quality and integrity by developing and implementing data governance programs across the company.
The successful candidate will own integrity standards within the Data organization, which includes building our data catalog, setting standard nomenclature and definitions for our data assets, crafting the guardrails for a self-serve data service, and implementing standard processes for our data development sprints. The individual will also own data governance programs outside the Data team and across the rest of the organization, partnering with the Engineering, Product, Commercial, and Operations teams in the definition of how data should flow across different applications and what standards we should adopt to ensure data quality, integrity and trustworthiness.
The successful person will hire a team of two in the United States and India.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Serve as the ultimate champion of data availability, quality, and integrity within the Data team
- Define and implement Arcadia’s data catalog and definitions
- Partner with the Data Engineering, Analytics Engineering and Analytics teams to define nomenclature standards and improve our processes to drive data quality
- Develop and own an environment where other Arcadians can access data in a safe and secure self-serve manner
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Commercial and Operations leadership to implement data processes, standards, and best practices that guide the development of company applications
What will help you succeed:
- 10+ years of experience in data roles, at least 6 of which in data governance at complex organizations
- A balance of planning and execution skills. This is a role that requires both strategic planning and hands-on execution
- Outstanding cross-functional partnership and communication skills, including interacting with senior company leadership
- Proficiency in engineering standard methodologies (sprints, code reviews, etc.)
- Proficiency in the architecture of a modern data stack (ingestion, orchestration, storage, transformation, visualization, etc.)
- Experience leading distributed teams across multiple time zones, using sync and async communication
- Snowflake, Fivetran, dbt, Hex and Lightdash
- Experience with CI/CD development
- Energy industry background
- Experience with venture-backed start-ups
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 17 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Target Annual Compensation Range for this role will be $171,000 to $247,000. There will also be a competitive benefits and equity (bonus if applicable) component to the package. The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills, experience, and location of the qualified candidate.
Something looks off?