Assistant General Counsel
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HQ: Washington, DC
$1.5B valuation; $380M funding to date
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an Assistant General Counsel to join the Legal team and support our fast-growing enterprise data analytics business. This role is for a business attorney with substantive experience negotiating SaaS contracts, IP licensing, and technology transactions. This role will be an individual contributor and will not manage direct reports at this time.
This role is based in Chennai, with the possibility of a remote setting, and will initially report to the Associate General Counsel, based in the United States. Additionally, the Assistant General Counsel will collaborate frequently with other members of the legal team and the enterprise platform business team.
This individual should be curious, energetic, self-reliant, and able to distill complex problems to provide streamlined, actionable legal advice to an extremely fast-paced commercial business team.
What you'll do:
- Transactional: Draft, review, edit, and negotiate contracts with a wide range of individuals, non-profits, and business organizations
- Product counsel: Provide advice to the enterprise product team on the design, creation, and deployment of new products and features; advise on major business transactions; prepare and maintain standardized contract terms and negotiation playbooks.
- Leadership: Lead by example as a member of the legal team to foster a workplace with the highest moral, ethical, and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity; help establish the legal team as a trusted partner and key ingredient to business growth
What will help you succeed:
- License to practice law in India.
- 5+ years of transactional legal practice, including demonstrated success as in-house counsel and/or outstanding and highly relevant experience at a top law firm.
- Contracts and negotiation expert with subject-matter expertise in SaaS, IP licensing, and/or technology transactions, able to independently draft contracts, negotiate redlines via email and live video conference, and demonstrated ability to manage contract negotiations from inception to signing.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely practical and business-oriented approach with strong attention to detail.
- Client-service orientation and demonstrated success in handling competing deadlines for multiple internal stakeholders with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to take feedback, learn, and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement.
- Demonstrated excellence at assessing risk with a flexible risk tolerance matched to the company’s objectives.
- Able to accommodate a daily schedule that overlaps at least 4 business hours in US East Coast timezone (UTC -5h).
- Outstanding judgment and uncompromising professional ethics.
- J.D. or LLM from an American law school, and admission to at least one US state bar.
- Demonstrated success at an international or US-based company.
- Experience with high-growth, venture-funded startups.
- Privacy program management experience.
- Competitive compensation based on market standards
- We are working on a hybrid model
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary , the candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office Located in the heart of the City in case you need to step in for any purpose
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Quarterly team engagement activities and rewards & recognitions
- L&D programs to foster professional growth
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in Chennai, India.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?