Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HQ: Washington, DC
$1.5B valuation; $380M funding to date
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a resourceful, versatile Software Engineer to join the Interval and Utility Data teams and work on the critical web scraping, ingestion, & data processing projects that enable the Arcadia platform, products, and services. The ideal candidate is a low-ego team player who approaches engineering problems and potential solutions with a unique, holistic, and long-term perspective, and is genuinely excited to build the software expanding renewable energy access to millions of households across the country. We’re looking for an inquisitive, analytical problem-solver who possesses both grit and flexibility -- our work often involves implementing unconventional solutions and requires someone who’s not afraid to explore new domains when previous methods fail, sort through minute details, or find non-engineering ways around a problem. This person must be comfortable with iterating towards a solution and collaborating closely with colleagues in Product, SRE, Data Engineering, and Analytics along the way.
Our Interval and Utility Data process uses an event-driven architecture that makes heavy use of Python-based AWS Lambda functions, SQS, and other Python services running on EKS.
This role is based out of Chennai, India with a hybrid remote first approach and is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence how our team builds and stays relevant, and work in a fast-paced environment with engineers on a high-morale, tightly knit team. Our engineering values are deeply ingrained in our culture-- you can read more about them here.
What you’ll do:
- Write and refactor code to help Arcadia efficiently collect and utilize data
- Partner with Product, SRE, Data Engineering, and Analytics to deliver the best possible product for our members and enterprise partners
- Design and develop robust, scalable back-end systems
- Build and maintain complex data pipelines to parse and standardize large amounts of data that enable our unique energy products
- Frequently deploy new functionality to production with a streamlined CI/CD pipeline
- Explore new technologies with an open-minded team
- Increase test coverage and reliability and help troubleshoot production issues
- Collaborate frequently with other engineers, give thoughtful code review, and mentor junior engineers
- Notice and speak up about opportunities to improve both the member and developer experience
What will help you succeed:
The following list reflects our current technology stack-- you’ll need to have some overlapping or analogous experience, but not necessarily an exact match.
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience with the programming languages we use:
- Experience with infrastructure found in our stack:
- Postgres or similar relational database
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, etc.)
- Comfortable managing the balance between shipping code quickly and shipping perfect code
- Ability and internal drive to problem-solve, both creatively and pragmatically
- Skill with mentoring and learning from other engineers, and treating colleagues with respect
- Ability to scope, prioritize, and deliver on project commitments
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A basic understanding of web development, including HTML, CSS, and HTTP
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and drive a clean-energy future
- Competitive compensation based on market standards
- We are working on a hybrid model with remote first policy
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary potential candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office is located in the heart of the city in case you need to step in for any purpose.
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Annual performance cycle
- Quarterly team engagement activities and rewards & recognitions
- L&D programs to foster professional growth
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, and efficiency
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in India.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?