Product Manager, Utility Data
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers, sustainability-focused businesses, and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our dynamic product team and lead efforts focused on improving our utility data platform. This person will drive improved efficiency, customer satisfaction, and scalability in our ability to acquire, extract, and process utility data. This person will be responsible for driving the strategy and roadmap for these areas as well as authentication management with our residential utility data team. They will engage frequently with collaborators both internal and external and ensure correct prioritization to support both our Enterprise and Community Solar customers. Additionally, the Product Manager will collaborate frequently with engineers, operations, other product managers, sales engineering, customer success teams, the sales team and, most importantly, customers.
What you'll do:
- You’ll turn company strategy into a prioritized roadmap of initiatives that most effectively contribute to the organization’s goals of accurate, timely, and reliable data,
- You’ll set a vision of how we can improve the accuracy, reliability, quality, and scalability of our utility data acquisition pipelines
- You will balance long-term bets with short term improvements, optimizing for business continuity and time to impact.
- You will balance and champion the needs of the different products, use cases, and customers that rely on the Utility Data Platform and drive a roadmap that can best serve them with accurate and timely data.
- You will work directly with existing customers, and operations and engineering partners to understand our biggest opportunities of improvements and areas to invest in improvements.
- Push for step-changes in improvement, not incremental ones.
What will help you succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Sciences)
- 2+ years of experience in a data connectors focused software product management role.
- Experience in working with web-scraping, APIs, and other data acquisition technologies.
- Proven experience aligning and influencing cross-functional teams, diverse collaborators and translating those into data integration / connectors solutions
- Shown ability to break down sophisticated problems into small pieces and drive results
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Proven experience in a technology-driven environment, preferably within the energy or SaaS industry
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively across teams and stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Advanced education degree - Masters or Doctorate
- Deep experience in the energy industry OR multi-vertical developer platforms (Stripe, Plaid, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in developing and launching complex software products
- Experience writing software in one or more common languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of enterprise software development processes, including Agile methodologies
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 17 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Target Annual Compensation Range for this role will be $125,000 to $160,000. There will also be a competitive benefits and equity (bonus if applicable) component to the package. The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills, experience, and location of the qualified candidate.