Service Sales Engineer-Senior
Advanced Microgrid Systems
Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Fluence is seeking a driven and committed Sales Engineer to join our team and help us solve some of the most pressing challenges facing our planet today. As a Sales Engineer, you will play a critical role in driving top-line service revenue growth by supporting new opportunities to sell Fluence service products and by providing technical service sales support.
In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for technical service sales support, working closely with multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously. You will need to be an autonomous and pragmatic individual who can excel in a matrixed and virtual environment, with a proven track record of success in global service teams.
While a strong technical knowledge of the local energy services market and battery-based energy storage systems is desirable, an agile mindset with a comfort level for learning and working in a fast-paced technology scale-up environment is essential. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders.
At Fluence, we are committed to transforming the way we power our world and accelerating the transition to a sustainable energy future. If you are a passionate individual with a drive to make a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of the Fluence Service platform and provide technical support to sales teams to drive successful service sales.
- Collaborate with Sales to negotiate the commercial and technical aspects of customer contracts, in partnership with Commercial Project Management, Legal, and Regional Service Leads.
- Draft, review, and negotiate customer contracts, ensuring that all agreements meet Fluence's legal and commercial standards.
- Validate and ensure accuracy of cost estimates for service proposals, in close coordination with Finance and Service Management teams.
- Assist in developing sales tools and support materials that streamline and scale sales efforts worldwide.
- Prepare and deliver engineering-related presentations to both internal and external audiences.
Skills and Qualifications
- >15 years of engineering experience with a focus on the energy sector, preferably energy storage, clean tech, or renewables
- Demonstrates Fluence’s Leadership Style
- Gets Results Through Self & Others
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build and manage strong relationships with team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive for getting things done and a “whatever it takes” attitude. Exhibit a forward leaning posture, high ownership, and diligent pursuit of new opportunities.
- Ability to work dynamically and cross functionally within teams spanning both the regional organization and the Service team in a fast-moving technical business environment.
- Intercultural awareness
- Strong communicator and relationship builder who give / earn trust and respect of the client team and internal project, engineering, commissioning and business administrators as well as external partners and contributors.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in electrical engineering
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?