Internal Audit Senior
Advanced Microgrid Systems
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Do others come to you for your subject matter expertise? Are you excited by the challenge of working in a start-up atmosphere with a purpose? Do you enjoy building positive working relationships with business stakeholders and enjoy teaching them how to improve their processes by embracing a controls-oriented mindset? Are you interested in working on a variety of projects across all functions (e.g., accounting, supply chain, operations, cybersecurity, human resources) of a rapidly growing company?
The Internal Audit Senior will report to the Internal Audit Senior Manager and will be responsible for executing the internal audit plan in a fast-growing company. The primary purpose of this role is Internal Audit (75%), but there is potential to support the SOX program and other initiatives (up to 25%). This role will enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight.
As an Internal Audit Senior at Fluence, you will support the Internal Audit Manager and Director to:
- Facilitate ongoing enterprise risk assessments and assist in developing an audit plan to address high-risk areas within the company’s corporate and regional operations.
- Design risk-based audit programs from scratch outlining audit procedures to address the risks for each audit.
- Execute audit programs (without prior workpapers) through all phases (planning, fieldwork, reporting) for strategic, financial, operational, compliance, and information technology audits and advisory engagements in accordance with the approved audit plan and IIA standards.
- Design and perform data analytics to support the Internal Audit functions growth in continuous monitoring and other data-driven insights.
- Identify and document audit findings, make recommendations that strengthen controls and improve processes, and collaborate with stakeholders on remediation action plans.
- Prepare audit reports that are accurate, clear, and concise.
- Conduct SOX walkthroughs, perform control design assessments, provide management control design and enhancement recommendations, and perform control testing.
- Conduct ad hoc assessments or projects as required.
- Build effective working relationships and trust with business partners across the organization.
- Provide key business insights and other inputs relating to the company’s rapidly evolving environment into the audit planning process and ongoing risk management processes.
What will you bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related discipline.
- CIA, CPA, CISA or applicable certification preferred.
- 5+ years of total experience, preferably with relevant work experience from public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and/or similar internal audit roles within high-growth organizations.
- Experience working in the industrial, manufacturing, construction or utility industry is preferred; renewable energy or energy storage experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of SOX, COSO framework, and PCAOB standards.
- Strong data analysis skills required - experience with PowerBI and/or Incorta a plus.
- Experience in end-to-end audit cycle management and the ability to independently operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects / initiatives.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, written and presentation skills, with the ability to be effective at all levels of management.
- Must be a strong team player and self-starter.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?