Senior Project Finance Manager
Advanced Microgrid Systems
Accounting & Finance
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About the position
This position reports to the Senior Finance Director, Projects, and is responsible for driving the financial results of a portfolio of large projects in execution. This position will partner with Project Directors to achieve the financial targets defined.
Responsibilities include management of a commercial execution team, and driving financial targets while ensuring compliance with accounting, tax, and internal control requirements.
The position requires interfacing with many internal stakeholders as well as with customers, suppliers, and outside contractors. This role requires a background in accounting & finance, including contract administration. This is a leadership position, requiring the ability to drive results through teams, however, some amount of CPM work will also be required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Contract Responsibilities:
· Provide direction and leadership to a CPM team for EPC & Core-only projects
· Ensure financial targets are met by driving comprehensive reporting & forecasting with FP&A
· Ensure project financials accuracy and analyses cost & revenue changes
· Drives timely and accurate monthly closing of projects in the portfolio and understands Balance Sheet drivers
· Develop revenue, margin, and cash flow forecasts for the related projects
· Drive project teams to mitigate risks, secure opportunities and achieve forecasts
· Ensure adherence to commercial terms and conditions in customer and supplier contracts
· Participate in project reviews
Commercial Execution Process Responsibilities:
· Work to continuously improve and automate commercial execution tools and processes
· Support SOX controls initiatives and develop appropriate training for the team
· Ensure adherence to applicable accounting, tax, and internal control guidelines
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- 10-12 years of increasing responsibility for financially managing large projects, preferably in the energy sector, including scopes of engineering, procurement and construction, and long-term services
- Advanced understanding of project accounting methods
- Advanced understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions
- Experienced in negotiating directly with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive management
- Ability to work on cross-functional initiatives
- Up to 25% travel as needed domestically and potentially globally
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or finance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
Required Education and Training
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
In Colorado and California, the standard pay range for this role is $115k - 130K annually. This range is specific to Colorado and California and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?