Service Desk Technician I
Advanced Microgrid Systems
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Tier I Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing technical support to end-users, resolving IT-related issues, and escalating more complex issues to Tier II or Tier III support teams as necessary. The Help Desk Technician will be expected to deliver excellent customer service, maintain accurate records of incidents and requests, and continuously improve processes to enhance the service desk's performance.
As a Tier I Service Technician at Fluence, you will:
- Provide help desk / technical support for local and off-site users with a customer first voice when communicating with employees, customers and contractors.
- Keep customers informed of progress and status of tickets throughout the resolution process.
- Collaborate with customers and co-workers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Manage and monitor service request tickets, analyze incidents and provide support required; escalation.
- Document IT requests, record actions, and follow up on deferred actions.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, track, escalate and document technical issues.
- Resolve customer issues in a pre-determined time frame or escalate for resolution.
- Manage the IT equipment deployment process for both Windows based PCs and Apple Macs and develop the mechanics to maintain hardware and software inventories.
- Develop and contribute to the IT knowledge base libraries.
- Able to identify innovative solutions for process improvements.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the entire team of Service Desk technicians to assist with tasks related to Office 365, SharePoint and Solar Winds.
- Has some experience with Tier 1. This person would be in the office 4 days per week.
- 1+ years of experience with Tier 1 troubleshoot and problem solving.
- Ability to be onsite 4 days per week.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or Information technology certifications.
- Strong communication skills; written and oral.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?