Electrical Engineer EMEA (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Systems
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Mastering the understanding of Fluence product offerings and contrast their features based on important technical parameters, product capabilities and EMEA project requirements. Subsequently, assess tradeoffs for implementation in the EMEA engineering deliverables.
- Development and design of electrical drawings, like single line diagrams, schematics and other wiring diagrams for battery storage systems, at all voltage levels
- Development and review of technical specifications.
- Perform quality control of specified deliverables within the scope of Engineering
- Work closely with the Principal / Senior Engineers to provide deliverables to a variety of projects
- Develop electrical equipment specifications, and support in evaluations of inverters, switchgears, transformers and other equipment as required.
- Perform electrical design duties associated with project scope of work, within project’s scope, timeline and budget
- Perform technical review and signing-off of technical documentation provided by suppliers or contractors
- Use Agile methodology, Scrum work flow and JIRA ticketing system as tools to perform daily work and coordinate with other team members
- Support younger engineers and help them to reach the next level
- Execute tasks related to Fluence’ safety KPIs
- Travel throughout EMEA
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with design of power systems for utility installations, PV plants, Battery Storage Systems in the EMEA region
- Solid experience in the electrical system design, system studies, relay coordination, protection & control, grounding practice, HV and LV, design and study
- Solid experience in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) for high voltage systems, wind, solar, or conventional power generation
- Familiarity with applicable codes, standards and regulations used in EMEA Region
- Experience in procurement engineering (RFI, TQ, technical bid evaluation)
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in German and English languages required (minimum C1 level)
- Knowledge of additional European languages is desired
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?