Senior Manager Project Finance
Advanced Microgrid Systems
Accounting & Finance
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Finance Professional to join our team, with a focus on Large Scale Energy Storage Projects. The ideal candidate will have + years of experience in project finance and a strong background Renewable Energy IPP Finance or Investment Banking. The successful candidate will work closely with project teams, investors, and lenders to structure, negotiate and close financing transactions for Energy Storage Projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project financing and M&A transactions with 3rd party investors, lenders and/or tax equity providers.
- Collaborate effectively with the Development, Origination, EPC, and Interconnection teams.
- Provide strategic financial and renewable energy market analysis as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors and lenders, including negotiating financing terms and conditions.
- Work with project teams to develop and execute financing strategies for Energy Storage projects.
- Perform financial analysis and modelling to support project financing decisions.
- Prepare financial presentations and materials for project financing transactions.
- Review and analyse project contracts, financial statements, and other project documentation.
- Monitor project performance and prepare regular financial reports for investors and lenders.
- Manage due diligence processes and coordinate with external consultants, legal and technical advisors.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Support the development of project financing and risk management policies and procedures
- Professional presence and strong communication skills
- Current knowledge of renewable energy markets and key drivers (e.g., policies, technologies, dynamics in local markets), especially for solar and storage.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial office environment.
- Lead financial modelling energy storage development opportunities.
- Support structuring of Power Purchase Agreements with potential offtake customers.
What will you bring to Fluence?
- · Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field; MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- · 5+ years of experience in project finance, preferably in large scale renewable energy and construction projects.
- · Strong financial modelling skills and proficiency in Excel.
- · Previous experience working for a leading IPP, utility, renewable developer, or investment bank a plus.
- · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- · Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- · Familiarity with renewable energy technologies and project finance structures.
- · Understanding of legal and regulatory frameworks for renewable energy projects.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?