Senior Financial Analyst - Technical Accounting
Advanced Microgrid Systems
IT, Accounting & Finance
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Technical Accounting will assist in the analysis of new accounting standards, perform analysis for the proper accounting and disclosure of certain technical accounting areas and ensure compliance with the Company’s established internal control framework through process and control documentation.
As the Senior Financial Analyst for Technical Accounting at Fluence, you will:
- Provide timely accounting, reporting, and system guidance to support the organization through business changes and strategic projects.
- Review contracts (both revenue and non-revenue) to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Provide support to both external and internal auditors to assist in their completion of an efficient audit for the Company.
- Research and analyze significant and/or complex accounting issues, prepare and maintain technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, and present results directly to management.
- Work on special projects identified by senior management to find strategic solutions to issues facing this growing international company. This includes participation in transaction-related work steps, such as acquisitions, valuations, divestitures and related necessary public filings due to significant transactions as they occur.
- Maintain and build upon internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- 2-3 year’s accounting experience preferably involving a mix of public accounting and industry.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or equivalent training.
- CPA or equivalent in India preferred.
- Strong understanding of SEC and financial reporting areas.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, as well as possessing strong time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Excel and the ability to automate tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?