Category Manager - Manufacturing and Metals Fabrication
Advanced Microgrid Systems
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Responsible: Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity. We take personal ownership in what we do, developing trust in our relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We firmly believe in having honest, forthcoming, and fair communications.
• You will source new partner suppliers and continually assess your supplier base.
• You will develop the sourcing strategy in alignment with product management, operations, and technology.
• You will lead cost reduction in in all venues of your commodities.
• You will assess and manage the sourcing risk for the commodities, considering geopolitical, geographical and financial risks.
• You will manage and develop vendors to adhere to Fluence compliance requirements
• You will manage supplier selection based on Total Cost of Ownership criteria (incl. system cost comparison, quality, reliability, delivery, transport costs, long term production plan etc.).
• You will develop and execute strategies to promote and constantly improve existing supplier performance in our supply chain, including holding regular supplier reviews (QBRs) and annual supplier evaluations
Agile: Here at Fluence, we strive to continuously improve, to be intellectually curious and be adaptive to our customers and employee’s needs. Collaboration is key, both in our partnerships with our customers, and with each other. Fluence prioritizes the most critical efforts that allow for the greatest impact.
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- You have a bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant category management or commodity management experience or a master’s degree with 3+ relevant years' experience.
- You have experience with negotiating contracts, effectively reducing risks and overall costs.
- You communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- You are self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying solutions.
- You enjoy working in an international environment.
- You are comfortable with working with teams and suppliers in different time zones and frequent travel (approximately 25% of the time - one week per month)
To support our teams and their families beyond the workplace, Fluence provides an outstanding benefits package effective day one of employment! In addition, not medical benefits, employee resource group opportunities, 401K options and first-rate PTO/Vacation plans for valuable work life balance.
ERG Opportunities #diversity
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
Long Term Incentive Plan
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
#Remote #energy #sustainability
The standard pay range for this role is $130K- $150k annually. This range is specific to Colorado and California and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
See more open positions at Advanced Microgrid Systems
Something looks off?