Senior Project Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
As a Senior Project Manager you will lead project workstreams/tasks and support the overall execution of projects with the objective to deliver the projects on-time, on-budget, and without incidents/accidents in a customer focused approach. It is expected that the role in the first years will involve around projects that are delivered in Ireland. This position requires a goal-oriented, energy storage technology aware individual, who has experience in delivering renewable energy projects and could work as part of a global team in a matrixed and virtual environment. Familiarity with electrical/civil engineering, with typical codes & standards for electrical equipment and experience with energy infrastructure engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning is desired. Experience within Energy Storage markets is an advantage but is not mandatory, an agile mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced start-up technology environment is essential.
-Then Senior project manager will have P&L responsibility for specific workstreams of a project
- Responsible to ensure all Fluence projects are delivered safely, to code, on time, on budget, and to the customers satisfaction. This work will be done in conformance with an internal quality program certified to ISO 9001 with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Support with the delivery of battery energy storage projects through delivery, from contract execution through to successful handover to operations, working in close collaboration with relevant functional groups including finance, engineering, procurement
- Support teams in reviewing engineering designs, managing project scopes, schedules, budgets, people allocation, communications, and safety/quality plans across projects at various stages of life
- Rapidly resolve technical issues to ensure projects deliver to quality, time and cost
- Oversee contractors and sub-contractors to ensure quality and schedule are met and to ensure safety guidelines and requirements are followed on job sites
- Track and pursue cost improvements and claims
- Proactively work with customers, suppliers, partners, sales and management as necessary to ensure project deliverables and contract requirements are met
- Evaluate construction methods to determine cost-effectiveness of plans and optimize value-engineering opportunities
- Participate in business improvement projects including documenting and communicating initial project plans and any changes to the team
- Support negotiations regarding project contracts with potential contractors and suppliers
- Alongside the assigned project finance team member, support with budget review, project revenue, and cash flow forecasts, and when appropriate proposing mitigation to contain cost growth
- The candidate will have strong communications skills, be able to represent Fluence in person and through written material with executives from key customers, regulatory and other officials, and with the leadership of key supply chain or service partners
- Ability to work in a manner consistent with the Fluence values of Leading, Agile, Responsible, and Fun. Ability to teach and cultivate those values throughout the Fluence organization
- The role will report to the Senior Project Manager, as part of the Project Management organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in engineering, physics, or other technical discipline
- Alternatively, 5 years’ experience leading technical projects
- Combined 3 years’ experience in project management, construction management, or engineering within the power generation market. Experience delivering a project to a Utility customer is a plus
- Over 1 years experience managing subcontractor contracts
- Valid Senior Project Management certification (e.g. PMI PgMP, IPMA Level B (Senior PM) etc.)
- Safety training or other element of site safety related experience is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively to internal and external audiences.
- Strong English language skills are required
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.